What are Nail Decals?
Nail Decals are basically thin little transparent images to give you instant nail designs with just a few steps. These are perfect for those who aren't the best at hand painting nails themselves but still want to rock those precise and intricate nail designs.
They are also super time efficient unlike having to hand paint designs yourself. This comes in handy when you want quick quality nail designs whether you're a busy mummy with very little pampering time or a nail technician with back to back client bookings.
As you may have seen whilst browsing our shop, we have a wide range of designs with something for everyone!
Are Nail Decals like Nail Stickers?
Nail Decals are very similar to nail art stickers but a lot thinner. Also, it might be worth mentioning that they don't stick like stickers. Instead, the nail decal is required to be placed on the nail then be locked in placed with a clear top coat.
You will need:
- A small bowl of water
- Paper towel
- Top Coat Nail Polish
Follow the following steps:
Paint your Nails any color of your choice and let them dry completely
- Cut out the nail decal
- Hold the nail decal in a small bowl of water with tweezers for 30 seconds
- Slide the nail decal off the white backing
- Carefully place the nail decal on your nail
- Dab excess water off the nail decal with a paper towel
- Seal in the nail decal with a few coats of top coat nail polish
- If you feel the decal is too flimsy which happens sometimes as they are very thin, apply a top coat on top of the decal before cutting it out and dipping it in water. This way it'll make it stronger and will hold up together better! This also will make the decals last longer if you're not using them.
If you are wondering why your colored decals aren't showing up on your nail it's because they are slightly transparent and will fully show up on gray, white or nude nails. However, if you want to apply your decals on any color nail polish you can apply a coat of gray, white, or nude nail polish on the back of the decal, let it dry and and then apply it on your nail.)